Saturday, March 13, 2010

Droid Gmail not synchronizing

For the past 24 hours I've not been receiving new Gmail on my Droid. All of the other apps were still working, even Google Calendar and Contacts. But not the Gmail app.

Manual synchronization didn't work. I deactivated synchronization, turned phone off and on, removed battery. Still no new mail. Looked at the items with the Outbox label and noticed an item, which had a photo attachment, from the day before. I tried to send it and 'No Connection' was the message that I received. Deleted it and new mail started appearing on my phone.

It appears that there was an 'unresolved' item that hadn't been reconciled with the server. This was probably partially my fault because I had tried to send the message from a parking garage, and as soon as I sent the message I deleted the photo from my phone. It was the perfect storm as far as my phone was concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment