Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Build server and the lost TFS message queue

I couldn't get the TFS 2012 RTM build server running initially. My build controller and associated agents were all stopped. The Event log told me that
Build machine [Machine Name] lost connectivity to message queue tfsmq://buildservicehost-1/.
Reason: Please contact your administrator. There was an error contacting the server.
Technical information (for administrator):
  HTTP code 500: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException
Research yielded some similar scenarios, but the configurations were too different from mine to be considered as viable solutions. Example: my build server wasn't using SSL.

I remembered reading that an update for TFS 2012 was available. Because my TFS 2012 instance is not in production use I thought that I would give the update a shot.

I apologize for the lack of tension and drama in this post, but the update resolved the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment